Monday, June 6, 2011

Just a time bomb

Got to work this afternoon and saw this ad front page of the Post: Popular police cars prone to explode, tied to deaths (3page article from the Palm Beach Post). I'll have to post one of the pictures the online article didn't include, showing the position of the fuel tank near the axle. Sam texted me while I was reading the article, he was getting ready for work. He knew that Vics could do that. I don't like that; him and other officers driving around in just the larger version of the Pinto. Its also sickening to think that Ford knew about the defect in their vehicles. How could they knowingly put these servants and civilians lives at risk? In the name of profit?

These are the five officers listed in the article from Florida who died in Crown Victoria related incidents:
Trooper Patrick Ambroise
Florida Highway Patrol, Florida
EOW: Saturday, May 15, 2010
Cause of Death: Automobile accident

Police Officer Alex Del Rio
Hollywood Police Department, Florida
EOW: Saturday, November 22, 2008
Cause of Death: Automobile accident

Deputy Sheriff Jefferson Hancock Davis
Columbia County Sheriff's Office, Florida
EOW: Thursday, May 30, 2002
Cause of Death: Automobile accident

Deputy Sheriff Steven Michael Agner
Madison County Sheriff's Office, Florida
EOW: Monday, July 26, 1999
Cause of Death: Automobile accident

Trooper Robert G. Smith
Florida Highway Patrol, Florida
EOW: Saturday, July 26, 1997
Cause of Death: Vehicular assault

It makes me think of Sam's accident last week. I've only had dreams or worries about him being seriously injured and never entertained the thought long enough to see its conclusion. I would hate to even think what I would do if something happened...I know in his line of work there is always the possibility but I'd like to think of him as my invincible knight, that nothing could ever harm him, except for my "playful" smack on his biceps after him spitting water in my face for a quick giggle *smiles* I love that man as annoying and as silly as he is.

All any of us can do is hope and pray for our men and women is to be safe when they're out there on patrol or driving to and from work. Sorry, I think its that time of the month soon, I'm getting all emotional. :)

No comments: