Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cop boyfriend and Criminal brother

My brother was finally transferred into a local work release in the same town where Sam works. I told that to Sam as he was cooking dinner the other night. He just looked at me wide-eyed from the kitchen and I could see his cop brain begin to click into gear. At first he didn't say anything but asked "if I see him doing something illegal should I arrest him?" It was like he was asking permission. I told him it was up to his discretion, if it's illegal and he sees it then he must do his job regardless if it happens to be my brother. He replied that it would be awkward. I said that while my brother may know I have a boyfriend he doesn't know who Sam is. Regardless, Sam still says it will be awkward because he knows he's my brother. So we'll see...

Now my brother isn't a hardened criminal, he's just had minor offenses, But he's a repeat offender. This is his second time in jail but he seems like he's trying to get his life turned around, especially after his young child passed away earlier this year.

I'm sure Sam wasn't saying it as if my brother was going to get in trouble nor will he actively keep an eye on him.
I think I may finally write to my brother. I've been thinking about doing it for some time now but haven't had the motivation to do it. I really do want him to succeed. As much conflict as there is between us, I've never wanted him to fail, I just hope that he will straighten out in the end. The road will be tough for all of us I'm sure.

No comments: