Friday, June 24, 2011

Viewer discretion is advised

I have always loved watching police shows since before high school. I would watch COPS religiously every chance I got in my free time, and on weekends my Sunday morning cartoons consisted of Forensic Files, American Justice or anything else on CourtTV (now TruTV). Back then I wanted to be an officer, a K9 officer more specifically and I enrolled in the local department's Explorer program. After high school the thought of becoming an officer sort of dwindled for one reason or another but I never missed the chance to continue watching my crime dramas and police related TV.

Now I'm a little particular when it comes to my police shows, reality or not. Some of my favorites are Law and Order: Special Victims Unit (SVU) - Thanks to Netflix I've been able to watch the first 10 seasons from the beginning, will be starting the 11th here soon. I was sad to hear that entering the 13th season I think it is, Benson is being promoted so limited air time and Stabler is leaving the show :( I never was fond though to the other Law and Order series. Another favorite is The Closer and I'm sad the show is entering in its final season this summer :( This makes me a sad panda. And thanks to Sam: Dexter...not your typical police show but it is really good!!

For reality shows, of course COPS, American Justice, Forensic Files, The First 48, and the Police Women of (series: Broward Co, Maricopa Co, Memphis, Dallas, and Cincinatti). I haven't been able yet to watch K9 Cops or Unleashed: K9 Broward County, but I did some clips and they look pretty good.

My mom says I should still find some kind of job in law enforcement since I enjoy watching the shows all the time. I tell her that I'm not interested in that kind of work. I don't know if I'd want to anymore, one cop (Sam) is enough. *smiles*

Any other suggestions of police related shows? Or the ones you may enjoy watching if you do?

Sorry if the post is short, my time is being divided by pet sitting and a new episode of PWoBC. Have a good night everyone!

2 comments:

Mandy Jean said...

My fav show is NCIS. I used to watch all of them but now I really don't have the time. We do watch COPS, Jail, and a few others every now and then but we religiously watch NCIS.

I love Gibbs. Aside from my hubby Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs is my hero. I mean come one... he shot a helicopter out of the sky with a 12 gauge. Who does that??? :)

Unknown said...

I love police shows! I love COPS. The original Law and Order is my absolute favorite show, and I like SVU. I love American Justice and The First 48. I don't have cable so those are the only ones I have access to or know about. As for my career, I have one year left before I receive my BS in Criminal Justice and then I'm headed to law school.