Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Back to the original plan...maybe?

Sam is hard at work! He only has one day off this week, which is good for his bank account but bad for me. I'll only get to see him on Friday, that makes me both a sad and happy panda.

There is only 2 weeks to go until our 1 year anniversary!! I'm so very excited *smiles* and I've been looking around for gift ideas and he was throwing out some hints. Not necessarily for anniversary but maybe he'll get lucky. I was flipping through his ThinkGeek magazine, he was telling me he wants Tactical Bacon (must be a man thing) and some ice cube molds that make shot glasses from ice. I was excited by the shot glass ice molds, but unfortunately they're out of stock when I checked online last night. Major bummer, but back to what I was getting at. I was flipping through the catalog when I saw this R/C Forklift for his desk (pictured below)
Isn't cute? He's been wanting a toy for his patrol car since last year...and not just any toy but "the" toy. We went to ToysRUs, Walmart, Target, etc on a hunt for the perfect toy and came up empty handed. So when I mentioned this desk toy, he flatly told me no. He doesn't want a desk toy until he makes detective. This of course was news to me since the last time we talked he was thinking about switching to corrections.


So it looks like he's thrown corrections out the window and back on track with his original plan when first started dating a year ago. He's thinking of trying for detective in another year and ultimately becoming a traffic homicide investigator. He seems very excited about that...well as excited as one can be about traffic homicide. I guess I'll have to buy it eventually so that when he makes detective I'll give it to him. But that's what his plan looks like as of right now.

Fingers crossed people!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, the ever changing mind!

Marie said...

He's even worse than I am. I guarantee you in another month he'll have changed his mind...yet again :)