Saturday, June 25, 2011

Lit up like Christmas

So here's the status of Florida as of today regarding the wild- and brushfires. This interactive map can be found here http://tlhforweb03.doacs.state.fl.us/fmisdataviewer/
Doesn't my state just look so pretty in orange? I hate it, all these fires. I'm hoping for a Tropical Storm just to soak the state. Nothing too destructive, just a lot of rain. We've had some storms come in but they're mostly just blowing wind and lightning strikes....which is only adding fuel to these fires.

Sadly, 2 Florida Firefighters Killed Battling Brush Fire over this past weekend. They may not have been Brothers in Blue, but for the families of these men of the Red Line, my thoughts, support and prayers go out to them.

According to the article, "Firefighters have battled more than 1,500 wildfires in the state since May 1."

(New York, N.Y. (Sept. 14, 2001) -- A fire fighter emerges from the smoke and debris of the World Trade Center. The twin towers of the center were destroyed in a Sep. 11 terrorist attack. U.S. Navy Photo by Photographer's Mate 2nd Class Jim Watson. )

St. Florian's Prayer of Firefighters:
 Almighty God, Protector of all Mankind, Your strength, power, and wisdom are a beacon of light to all men: Give special guidance to Firemen and Firefighters so that we may be protected from harm while performing our duty. Help me with your loving care while I work to save the lives and property of all people young and old. Give me the courage, the alertness to protect my neighbors and all other whom I am pledge to aid when involved in fire or accident. Amen.

No comments: