Sunday, May 29, 2011

I hate these calls

Sam called at 9:30 tonight to let me know that he was involved in a small traffic accident but that he was okay. It happened around 6ish.

As he explained it, he and another officer were responding to call. His fellow officer ahead of him decided to pull over a bicycle on the the other side of the bridge. Sam following the flow of traffic was coming over the bridge when the car in front of him saw the first officer with lights flashing and put on the brakes hard. Sam slammed on his brakes to avoid hitting the car but as we can see that didn't work out so well. I don't think Sam went to the hospital but he said the other guy did complaining of "severe neck pain".

At least he called and told me he was okay. When he broke his knee last November, he put it in a text very nonchalantly "hey babe i broke my knee"....He assured me he was okay then. I'll probably head over to his place tomorrow afternoon once he's awake and getting ready for work just to check up on him.

No comments: