Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Grumble...

I'm this close to not going over to Sam's tonight after work.

Some back story: Right after college and my internship in 2010, I moved back in with my parents while I looked for a job, and now as I look for something more financially stable. Sam has not come over to my house for visits as often as my parents would like because of his schedule and mine...to which has become a sense of hostility between my mother and I.

So now my parents just left last night on vacation to the Dominican Republic with my aunt and uncle, leaving me and my dog to fend the house. Sam has five days off from work and no details this week. Since I'm always driving up to see him I thought I would see if he'd come to my house for the night. I sent him a text earlier saying that I would come over tonight but I'd have to bring the dog, unless he and the pups wanted to come and stay over. He texts me no and that I should come to his house. I sigh and in a jest I ask when he is going to come to my house. I quote his response:

im not going over there unless ur parents are home...i want credit for the visit
I had to take a step back from the phone and be like are you kidding me?? He can't come over to my house to see me just to see me? He has to credit for it. Am I totally blowing this out of proportion? Am I overreacting? I ended up calling him a jackass for the comment.

I'm still going over there, probably and I'll let him know that I'm still slightly annoyed at him. But I mean really? What he texted to me hurt.

7 comments:

Mandy Jean said...

One thing I've learned from being married is to pick your battles wisely. Sometimes text are taken wrong. Mr and I have MANY conversations regarding our "tone" via text.

I would let him know it kind of hurt you and leave it at that. Before I say something to Mr about how I feel (about something he did) I say to myself "Do I really want to fight over this and ruin the time we do have?"

Just my opinion

Marie said...

Mandy, thanks for your opinion and I know you're right. Tone is one thing about texts though, almost everything can be taken in a wrong way.
I've calmed down a bit from when I posted this. I'm not going to make this into a fight when I see him. I just wish sometimes he would make the effort to come to my house too, whenever I ask it seems like such a chore for him. Something I guess I'll just have to live with.

Mandy Jean said...

Its hard. I am very outspoken and when I am ticked I tend to let him know but after MANY discussions we've decided that when one of us is upset about something we take a 15 minute break before we talk. I write down why I am upset and sometimes after I am done writing its not worth the discussion.

Brett and I always say stuff to each other that piss us off. We are to much alike :) After being together for 5 years we have finally figured out what pushes each others buttons.

As far as wanting him to come see you... you could politely remind him that it is a 2 way street :)

Hope your feeling better!

Marie said...

I am feeling better, thank you. :) I talked to him about it and he had meant it as a joke, so he laughed at first thinking it was funny I had taken it the wrong way. But I calmly stated that regardless of the tone it still hurt my feelings. He did end up apologizing.

Sometimes I should know that he's joking but sometimes he'll say things (in person) and his tone and manner is very serious, nothing at all says he's kidding so its kind of hard to tell if he is joking at times or not.

But everything is all good with us now.

Mandy Jean said...

I am glad! I am fighting horrible allergies right now. The smoke from all of these fires is killing me. :( Hopefully tomorrow Ill be back at 100%.

Im sure your bf has talked about budget cuts. My hubby is deputy director to a detention center here and on the way home his take home unit overheated. It was over 100 today. So he sat in a hot car for over an hour until they could get it back to the yard and I had to pick him up. I am hoping they get him a new unit. This one is dying.

Marie said...

Oh I know what you're going through!! Our states are practically twins this summer; I'm over in FL and the heat and fires are insane! Feel better sister :)

Yeah, budget cuts are no fun. His department is forcing officers to take furloughs, unpaid time off on days he'd normally be working...something around 90 hours or days, to be honest I don't remember which. I think he said he's losing close to $3,000 from his paychecks. :( Luckily he's been able to fill those days with details. On top of that the department changed their insurance. The cutbacks have been pretty bad.

Mandy Jean said...

o man! That really sucks! Mr. is salary so the only thing that really has changed for us is benefits. I feel fortunate tho that he has a good job and has job security. lol! The worse the economy gets the more clientele he has. lol!

I am working on feeling better. I have barely been on blogger the last two days and have done nothing on my etsy store. My hubby jokes that when I actually lay on the sofa and watch tv without reading, crafting or texting I must be deathly ill. lol!