Monday, June 20, 2011

I get knocked down but I get up again, You're never gonna keep me down

I'm in the bathroom just getting ready for bed....yes at 2:34AM....when I hear the little you've-got-a-text-message jingle from my bedroom. Sam still has another hour before heading home and he's only gotten home at 2:30 just once. I finish in the bathroom, crawl into bed and am greeted with this:
Not sure if you can see it, but this is his elbow, just a little banged up. He called after he sent the picture to tell me the story, his voice was very excited *smiles*.

He and a fellow officer stepped out with a man when he took off running. Naturally, Sam gave chase. The guy hopped a chain link fence, which didn't have that top horizontal support pipe so it was just chain links....if that makes sense. Because it's dark, Sam didn't notice the flawed fence and when he went to go over it the fence and him collapsed. I'm not sure if it was the guy he was chasing stopped to laugh at him or if it was another bystander. It was probably the runner, who else would be up at that hour? *shrugs* Well my babe is a trooper, he got up and kept chasing the guy. When Sam sent the picture and called, they had lost the guy but were currently patrolling the area. I hope they find this guy.

Sam was okay though, just a scratch...of course I'll see how bad it is on Tuesday when I see him. He also ripped his pants a little when he got tangled with the fence.

(title lyrics "Tubthumping (I get knocked down)" by Chumbawamba)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol, don't you love how excited they get over stuff like this!

Marie said...

Yes, boys will be boys as the saying goes :) It gets to me how he can brush off his injuries, like when he broke off a small piece of the tibia. Luckily this one doesn't seem too serious. But I guess him being excited is better than him writhing in pain

Mandy Jean said...

Glad he is ok! :)

Marie said...

Yes thanks, me too! I'll be sure to give an update on his elbow tomorrow or Wednesday when I see him.