Monday, June 28, 2010

We'll have to fix that

There's much to be done according to Sam. For the second time this week he has asked if I've ever shot a gun. While they weren't "gun-guns", they're still in the firearms category; I have shot a BB-gun and a paintball gun. To be all inclusive, I have dabbled a little in the realm of water pistols and Nerf guns. But I'm always looking to diversify. He's looking to take me to the shooting range one of these days.

I'm looking forward to it. It'll certainly beat a game of putt-putt or going to yet another movie. I think it'll be adventurous. Speaking of adventures, last night was one for the books. After our busy Sunday-days, he came to pick me up for dinner. We decided on a local Mexican place, which is right over the bridge. It used to be an Italian place a few years ago and it was alright. Now it wasn't terribly late when we arrived, maybe between 8:10-8:20pm. There was no host to greet us right away, and we stood there awkwardly for about 5 or so minutes before a gentlemen -whose english was a bit difficult to understand, showed us a booth at the bar. There's maybe another couple in this section who have just about finished their meals and a lone man at the bar chatting with the bartender. We get menus and they take our drink orders and bring us chips and salsa with our drinks. All is well. I get a phone call which I have to take. He looks over the menu. I do the same and we decide on the super burrito. Okay, lets order up! ....5mins. ....10mins. ....Chef Ramsey would not be pleased. Finally, the gentleman who I will further assume is our waiter comes to get our orders. Surprisingly it takes like 5 seconds since the time he went to put in our order to when he returns with the extremely hot and large plates of food. We definitely got our $8.95's worth.

Neither of us could even come close to finishing our plates. I'm suggesting they change the name from super burrito to something along the lines of burrito unconquerable. He suggested: there's-no-way-you'll-finish-this-burrito burrito. From here it's another waiting game, thank goodness for Univision. They had on what looked to be the Spanish equivalent of our Survivor, though this one was not so much drama driven.

No comments: