Thursday, June 24, 2010

Child, I think you're crazy

Sam and I got to have lunch today. He was laughing that I had suggested Subway. What? I don't know what he has time for or what places are near his zone. We ended up eating at Applebees close to the highway. Cowboys was next to it and I'll have to ask him later if that's the one where a gentleman shot himself at.

Best part of the day was getting to see him in his handsome uniform. He looked good but I felt bad because that material doesn't breathe in the hot weather and its that dark dark navy that almost looks black color. On top, and underneath all that is his gear and vest so I know he was probably dying in it, especially lately because it's been hotter than Hades for the past few weeks now. We had a nice lunch, and as we were leaving he had a call about a panhandler just outside the restaurant. So I got a nice hug and a kiss on my ear before we parted ways so he could get back to work.

 So I'm home and as I'm walking the dog, I get a text from him.

Im glad you came out today, sorry I was not a better host.

I was like what the hell is he talking about. This boy must be crazy thinking he has to apologize, I assume because he had to go back to work or whatever. I was just excited to get to see him before Saturday rolls around. Oh well.

On another happy note, he closes on his house tomorrow. Though he told me he's more excited about his half day at work than the house closing. I had to laugh. I think his four days off is coming up soon as well. My next day off isn't until July 13, but it seems like I have everyday off considering my 3hour workday 7 days a week.

My other good news also came this morning. My neighbors across the street are starting their vacation Saturday. They're taking a cruise up to Alaska. She called and asked if I would be interested at all in housesitting and petsitting for them. Its been a few good years since the last time I watched their cats. I said that I wouldn't mind at all. One of their cats is a little sick and needs quite a bit more attention than usual. It would be for 8-10 or so days. I said that I would be fine with that. Then she was asking me what I charge. I had just woken up more or less, so its like okay think of something. Its been a while since I watched anyones pets, usually just for family but I've never had a set amount that I charge. Just you know, whatever you think is good is fine because this isn't what I'm doing for a living. It be much different if I made it into an occupation. She's like well, 10 or so days, she might need me to take the cat to a vet in Boca which she would reimburse me for gas and what not, so $30 a day which would end up being $300. She then asks if that sounds like a good price. My jaw nearly hit the floor. I was like yeah that would be fine and then I said if thats too much we can always shoot lower. But she seemed to be pretty kosher with the price she set. So that'll be nice.

I'm meeting with her tomorrow afternoon to go over everything. She didn't want to do it today because the house looks a mess. I'm hoping her husband is able to get the pool in order because with this weather I could use a nice dip one of these afternoons. I wouldn't mind being in South Africa either, its like in the 40s there. Oh her husband is the same person who got me the position up at the jail....which still has some kinks that need working out. Eh but so far my day has been really good, and I hope it can only get better from there.

No comments: