Friday, April 8, 2011

Poor Reception, please repeat

Communication is a large part of daily life whether its verbal or not. Humans are social creatures. On the days we don't see one another, Sam and mine communication is rather lacking resulting in a few and brief text messages back and forth. He asking if he should place the left or right magazine into his gun. Me telling him to have a good night at work. Occasionally, I may send a text asking how work is going. His reply is usually busy to very busy. Otherwise no details are to be had. Then I'll text him a little heart <3 , usually the indicator that I'm going to sleep and he'll text one back. The last text I'll get from him before this ritual repeats in the evening is a text between 6:30-7am saying he's gotten home safely.

This is not a complaint in any way. He works nights and needs to devote his attention to the job and I know it gets busy where he works. I usually read about it in the papers the next day. Its funny, I can sometimes tell what calls he may have been at depending on the incident time or where it took place. Now when I see him tonight, he'll tell me about work and the calls he was on. Some I don't like hearing but I know there are parts he's leaving out either because he's not supposed to say or to save me from worrying about it. I don't mind if he leaves some parts out. As long as I know he and his fellow officers were okay in the end and how they handled it is good in my book.

Although he did tell me that he got a little stuck climbing through the window on a call the other night. I guess his gun belt got caught since the window is about the size of his bathroom window and he's a little taller than 6 foot and a couple hundred pounds (nearly all muscle). I'll have to take a picture of his bathroom one for reference. It's funny picturing him stuck in a window. At least they didn't have to call the fire department to rescue him. No one would have let him live that down.

No comments: