Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Patches!

I've been collecting law enforcement patches since last year. I've been collecting patches though for years, usually they're my souvenirs of the places I've been on family vacations. My very first police patches were a FL Highway Patrol, New York City and a Puerto Rico FD patch. This is a glimpse at my very small collection so far but I'm hoping to expand it exponentially. So far I think I'm going to focus on Florida departments or defunct departments.
These last two I've recently put into frames and up on my wall. I really like how they look against the gray background with the white outlined flowers. I wish I had gotten more of them at Target when they were in the dollar bin. I also have six other patches that I haven't included because I'm going to be getting them framed for Sam's birthday that coming up. I'm hoping he likes the gesture. I know I would and I'm not even an officer. I got the idea because he said he wanted to collect the patches from the departments his academy classmates were now working. He has one, which I had made the initial inquiry about. Hopefully he won't find this blog before then. *smiles* I have another gift idea but I don't want to spoil it just yet.

No comments: