Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Crime happens in the quietest of places

I think a lot of people believe in the notion that because where you live is small and quiet there can't possibly be any type of criminal activity probably aside from internet piracy. Truth of the matter is that there is crime at every turn including the big stuff. I have to admit that its a little nerve wracking when such criminal events take place so close to home.

Late last night, two individuals were in my town looking for someone to rob...what they did was much worse. They started to fire at a correctional officer riding a motorcycle home from work who passed by them. Luckily this officer wasn't injured in the process. The officer was able to get away and alert 911, which leaded into a high-speed chase and crash. They caught the guys too which lets me have another big sigh of relief.

The funny part of this is I take the exact roads they went down on my way to and from work. I think I was able to pick out the spot where they crashed over by 95 on my way to work this afternoon.

Here's the news article from TCPalm: Two men shoot at corrections officer, lead Martin County deputies on high-speed chase before crashing, officials said

No comments: