Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pray for you



This about sums up how I've been feeling for the past week now, and thanks to the radio on my drive to work today I have a song to describe my emotions. Thank you Jaron and The Long Road To Love.

So the one time I'm not at the house when my brother visits on his work release furlough something of mine turns up missing. A pair of $80 Skullcandy headphones given to me by Sam as a Christmas gift last year. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but honestly his name was the first I thought of when searching for them last Thursday night, nevertheless I didn't say it allowed. I still hadn't gotten a good search of the house or at Sam's house. And here we are. After going through the house multiple times including this afternoon and confirming that it isn't at Sam's, my brother is the only conclusion I can draw. I sent him a message over Facebook, not accusing him but simply asking if he had seen the headphones on his Wednesday visit. He said he didn't but said he would have thought of him first too given his past history. Not entirely convinced, I sent another message saying the headphones were important as they had been a gift from Sam. No reply on that one yet.

My mom texted me last night asking if I thought he had taken them. Yes, I think he did. I can't prove but I think he did. She wants to give me money to go and buy another pair. Not exactly the solution I want.

I told Sam about it and the other day he sounded ready to arrest my brother. My brother doesn't know that Sam is an officer and I'm pretty close to playing that card. Ugh. Today though Sam did suggest that I could make a report with our sheriff's office and list him as a suspect. It's something I'm considering at this point.

I didn't talk to him today when he was over since it is his birthday but I would like to confront him face to face or on the phone and ask him about the headphones again. And it isn't necessarily about the headphones, though I do want them back because they were a gift but it's more about him. He says constantly that he's doing better and he's changed, something I personally don't believe. He's trying to pull the wool over every one's eyes, which he's never been good at , especially with me. I just wish he'd grow up and stop doing this stupid shit that got him in trouble in the first place. He has a good thing going and I don't want him to mess up over headphones.

No comments: