Monday, August 22, 2011

First Responders left off the guest list

I'm just so appalled. I just don't know how to express myself. I was just made aware through a friend's post on Facebook and this article: First responders excluded from 9-11 ceremony. To think they weren't invited to any of the ceremonies is a blatant lack of respect. We go on and on about patriotism and how we'll never forget those who gave their lives for others and this is how the city shows their appreciation is an outrage. I'd like to know who'd be invited over these survivors other than the families who lost their loved ones. And if space is the concern, find a bigger venue. All and all I just think they should've been included.

I hope some kind of justice and appreciation can be shown to these outstanding individuals.

No comments: