Thursday, August 4, 2011

A birthday surprise

Sam's mom's birthday is coming up in another month or so and he went with his dad to pick out her present, a Taurus Model 94 (.22 long rifle). Similar to the gun she already owns, a .38 though.

Any who he has ultimately decided to let me in on a certain secret as well, that is my birthday present. I bet you can't guess what it is! What? I'll give you a hint: his mom is getting one this year. Yup he's going to get me a gun. ...Something that I don't have an interest, at least now, in owning. I spent the better half of the morning on Monday with him arguing that I didn't want it.

Guns are not cheap. His mom's was on the low end of $500. He complains about money for the house and bills; he's constantly taking extra details since the furlough stints just to bring in a couple extra paychecks. But he's such a hypocrite on the matter too. During his time off he was going to work two details but dropped them because he didn't want to think about work for eight days. He then dropped a detail from this past Sunday saying he just didn't want to go. Then I'm "kidnapped" and taken out for breakfast or dinner  about 4 different times in a row. He complains about it but then he goes and spends the money. He's got something up his sleeve.

No matter though, I'm going to fight him on this gun business. He doesn't need to be dropping another $500 or so dollars for a gun.

Maybe I'll ask him to get me something "normal" for my birthday....if that's at all possible. *smiles and shakes head*

No comments: