Friday, July 1, 2011

Wonderful

Since we both had to work on the 29th our anniversary, it was quite the blessing that we were both off yesterday. We rarely ever have the same day off without asking for the time off. So we got dressed up. I was in a dress and that about never happens, and we were off to the Longhorn for some delish steaks. Dinner was soooo good! It makes me wish that everyday was our anniversary. *smiles* I love how comfortable he feels around me out in public since he started telling me about the night when he got the brain matter on his pants. Some guy got hit with a tire iron or a baseball bat on his head and it split open. He's yelling at someone to grab something from his care, some type of kit and a towel while he's getting his gloves on and holding this guy's head closed. A fellow officer, Mike comes buy to assist. Sam said he kind of just sauntered up putting on his gloves and whistling until he saw the situation. He took a hold of the guy's legs once he started to flail. Just ordinary cop dinner talk. After dinner we went to go rent some movies (Shrek: The Final Chapter, Little Fockers, and Centurion). We only got through Shrek and maybe half of Little Fockers before calling it a night.

Now I can't forget about gifts! I got him some more of his cologne since he's been out for many months. It really seems like it was a gift for me because I just love the way it smells on him. Sometimes when we're cuddling on the sofa or we're passing each other in the house and I catch a whiff, I like to bury my nose in that spot on his chest or arm. He thinks its weird which it probably is but I love the way it smells on him. *laughs* His other gift is sort of gaggy. I got him a little crank flashlight because he enjoyed playing with the one in my car so much. I hope he puts it in his truck, and if he doesn't I will, so I can play with it.
This was one of the gifts he got for me, all nice and wrapped in tin foil even though there was wrapping paper on the kitchen table. I'm excited to read the book and had been contemplating on getting it for a few months now. I read the reviews and they're either "this is a great book/must read" or "horrible book/writer knows nothing about police/depressing", nothing really in the middle. I'm hoping its good. I'll be sure to give some reviews or thoughts on here as I read.

Now my other gift has not yet arrived. I have an idea of what it could be since I made the suggestion in an email to him a few weeks ago. But I don't want to say until I find out if I was right or not.

Only 363 more days to our 2nd year anniversary. Go team go!!

No comments: