Saturday, July 23, 2011

Happy Anniversary....AGAIN!

This post is quite belated in that the second half of my anniversary gift arrived last week. And I'm only getting around to posting now. The gift wasn't at all what I thought, or hoping it would be. Back when we first started dating last year, he introduced me to the computer game Portal. If you've never played, its the most frustrating game ever!!! Oh I hated Gladys. She was the worst. It's actually a fun game of puzzles but it does get frustrating after a while. Anywho, Sam got me a plush companion cube from the game:
Here's a rather "sad" video about it:
He's been threatening to incinerate it. *frowns*

Actually, since he didn't get what I thought he was going to get for me, which I had originally suggested to him, I decided to buy it for myself. *smiles* It just arrived in the mail today too. I'm not really a religious person but I think this saying has a lot of meaning behind it when it comes to the relationship we have. Sometimes too I'll catch myself praying for his good night at work and that nothing crazy happens on shift. So it's a "best friends" type necklace where each person wears a half...not sure if he'll wear it; he's not much a jewelry type I think but maybe he can just keep it in his patrol car or on his keychain. On the back is the Biblical passage Genesis 31:49 "Lord watch between me and thee while we're apart from one another"
I found this through friday_j's Ebay page. It's rather inexpensive and there are some other styles too - sterling silver and more pricey- if you search. I liked this one because of the shield style on the front but in a way I do wish I had gone with the more expensive one only for the clarity in the passage on the back. Maybe in the future, if this gets worn will I "upgrade" it.

No comments: