Monday, July 11, 2011

Awards

I don't think Sam enjoys being publicly recognized for his work to the department. He definitely likes to brag about it to me but doesn't always bring it up. Like his CIT training. He never said he got a "diploma" for completing the class. I only found out after seeing his picture from his department's facebook album. He was like "Oh yeah" when I brought it up.

Well last week he did show me an email from his department with his name and others for awards they were to receive. He said he got a medal. When I asked to see it, he said they were going to place it in his mailbox since he didn't feel like going to the award ceremony earlier that same day. I couldn't believe him. *shakes head and smiles* Well I'll be sure to see it this week hopefully if he's taken it home, but I don't want him making this into a habit.

I can't wait when he gets his house in order to start putting stuff back up on the walls. He has a few paintings in the kitchen and bathroom. He did have some of his awards/plaques from the academy up on the wall in the living room but they came down once he painted. I think he should put them up in his office (if he ever paints in there). I also think his anniversary gift I'll be giving him in November will be a nice addition. Just sucks that I have to wait until the end of the year...well its only four more months.

I'm very proud of him

No comments: