Friday, May 27, 2011

For your honor and bravery you shall always have my respect

The American Flag does not fly because the wind moves past it. The American Flag flies from the last breath of each Solider, Sailor, Airman and Marine who has died protecting it. - Author Unknown.

Memorial day will be here on Monday and the weekend of parties start most likely tonight and well into the weekend. I won't be partaking in any kind of parties, in fact I'll be working but regardless I wouldn't be out drinking and getting crazy. I have a good handful of friends who have joined the armed services. I have one friend who recently returned from Iraq. A close friend of Sam's who graduated the academy and served in the same department just recently re-enlisted as a private contractor and is currently back in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I am thankful for their services both at home and overseas.
I am thankful, honored and blessed that I know these individuals on a personal level.
I am thankful that they have not sustained physical harm in their tours overseas or in boot camps.
I am thankful for the services of the men and women serving this country of whom I do not know.
I am thankful for your courage, selflessness and bravery to engage in battle on foreign territory.
I am thankful for those of who are able to make it back home safely, and more thankful for those who cannot. Your families have my love and prayers.
I am thankful for you.
Thank you.

Please everyone, be safe and have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. And just remember what this day was observed for.

No comments: