Saturday, May 28, 2011

He sunk your battleship!

Got a call last night from Sam after he got home from an ER detail after midnight.
"I caught 'em babe! I caught 'em!"
He finally caught his neighbor driving through his yard. He was taking out the dogs in the backyard when he saw one of his Japanese neighbors getting into a minivan, conveniently blocked by other vehicles in the driveway. At first he didn't think the guy was going to do it but he did, almost ran over the septic tank cover in the yard and had to back up in order to correct. Well he confronted the neighbor who continually said he was sorry and that Sam was a very nice man, and the reason he was driving through the yard was because he didn't want to wake anyone else up in the house to move their cars. Sam said he didn't care and called the police to make the report. He said that two city police and a supervisor showed up to take the case.

His adrenaline was amped afterwards. He sounded disappointed because I think he wanted to get to sleep. I told him to go kill some zombies, a favorite past time of his. I'm pretty sure he was smiling on the other end of the line and said that he might just do that.

I knew the neighbors would eventually be caught but I didn't think it would be so soon.

No comments: