Sunday, July 1, 2012

A sign of good things to come?

It's only the start of July but already things are going very well for us. We celebrated our 2 year anniversary together on the 29th. I just can't believe it's only been 2 years; it seems like we've been together for a little longer than that. It was nice too having a night together. Even though we don't have children (aside from our 2 dogs and 1 cat or "our monsters") with our job hours, his extra details and now his classes, it doesn't leave much time for us to spend much time together and when it does, we're both exhausted. I think in the past few weeks we've only seen each other maybe 3 or 4 days - very much a "passing ships in the night" sort of syndrome. We're hoping that if he's able to get picked up by the new department that he won't have to do crazy details for extra money and we'll get to see one another more. Of course if he stays where he is now, in another year he'll be switching to the day shift and then we'll both be together during the evenings.

Yesterday after getting home from his parents we were putsing around the house. He has to stay up late on Saturday night so he can sleep longer during the day on Sunday before leaving for work in the afternoon. I guess I had dozed off on the couch around 10pm waiting for him to get done on the computer. He woke me around 11pm saying that he was putting me to bed and proceeded to pick me up and carry me into the bedroom with me nagging him to put me down. I was worried about his shoulder since it was still sore from tackling a guy at work like a month ago. But nope, he refused to until he dropped me in the bed with a very proud look on his face. So I asked him, "What are doing, carrying me across the threshold?"

"Not yet."

"Does that mean you will?"

"Some day."

Needless to say I slept very well last night.

No comments: