Sunday, July 8, 2012

Cost of putting their lives on the line?

Article: City's police will now earn the wage of McDonald's cashiers

Apparently our men in blue and yellow jackets putting their lives on the line daily means nothing to this mayor of Scranton. He views that a man making $19 an hour to be possibly shot is way too much. So what does he feel they should be making? $7.25!!!! Are you kidding me! This man is gross and I don't like him. I don't even live in that town or state but this is a serious injustice! I seriously hope that this is reversed or vetoed. No officer or firefighter should be subjected to such a heinous pay. How can they be expected to sustain themselves or their families with that paycheck at the end of the week? That's not even living paycheck to paycheck.

Sam gets $16.90 an hour and he's basically living by paychecks every other week. He has to rely on working extra details for $28 an hour just to have extra money to either support the household or to put away into savings. He tells people all the time that I'm the breadwinner of the house at only $12.50 an hour (I've touched on this before and he has more being taken out of his paycheck biweekly. After everything has been deducted, his pay wage only equates to a little more than $11.50 an hour).

This has me so upset!

No comments: