Sunday, March 3, 2013

Turbulence

The past few months I've been absent from here and I hate it. I have yet to follow through with anything on my life resolution post. This past month has been just about the worst ever.

On the same day that Sam went to the doctor about his shoulder. It's been bothering him since late last year - I can't remember if I posted on it or not. I'm pretty sure, after watching the dash cam footage that he got it at work, but it didn't start to bother him until a week after the incident. So on 2/28/13 when he saw the doctor for his steroid shots and possible talks of surgery there was a horrible crime committed against a fellow officer.

The whole ordeal of that day put Sam in quite a nasty funk. He's just starting to come out of it now and getting back to his usual self. I'm hoping with our upcoming weekend to the Florida Renaissance Festival will put more spirit in his step.

Sergeant Morales - Our prayers and love are with you and your family in this dark hour. Love Marie and Sam.

2 comments:

Mandy Jean said...

Brett gets in those moods. The only thing I can do for him is just be nice and listen. :) It is difficult.

Take Care an glad you are back!
Mandy Jean

Marie said...

Yes, it's good to be back.

I tend to give him his space and let him work it out on his own. He'll eventually talk to me...often with all the gritty and gorey details unfortunately, but I'm glad I can be there for him.