Wednesday, March 20, 2013

5:30 AM, too early for tasks?

On my way to work I got thrown a little task to work on. As if driving at 5:30am isn't difficult enough.

Usually when I'm driving to work, I will see on average 1 cop sitting in his little parking lot waiting for something to happen or playing games. I'll see a few at Dunkin Donuts but that doesn't really count. But that's when I'm almost at work

Well this morning, I hadn't really gotten far from the house when I see a cop car sitting just off the intersection no lights. Okay, I come over the bridge and sitting at the light opposite me is a cop car with no headlights on but just the red/blue lights on the front grill going. Very strange, make my turn and keep going. I'm starting to hit some of the more major roadways. There's another cop sitting a little bit away from the intersection but no lights, a couple miles on and there's too more sitting a few feet from each other in the middle of the roadway - one had his back white lights flashing. Oh look another one!

Time to make the phone call. I call Sam and ask if there's anything going on in the city this morning. He asks why. I say the cops are pretty much everywhere. Him - Where am I and how many have I seen? Me - almost to US1 and I've seen maybe 8-10 officers. So while I'm on the phone he gets on the radio with dispatch, something I didn't think he would do but I guess it's legit.

Turns out they had set up a perimeter because they were looking for a stolen lawn care truck and trailer. He tells me if I see it to call 9-1-1.

Good lord what a morning and it's barely even started.

No comments: