Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I've been around

We've been back in town since the 25th and busy trying to play catch up it feels like. I still haven't unpacked everything nor have I finished the vacation laundry - just the beach towels and a few shirts. We had a great time with my family. I don't know why but I was worried he wouldn't like it out in the wilderness but he loved it. In fact, as we were arriving home and the horrible realization he would have to go back to work he told me that he wanted to go back. Actually, he's talking about moving there. My plan has been set in motion!


Certain things seem to also be set in motion for the better. It was the beginning of June when he had applied to work at the neighboring city within the county's police department. We didn't think he was going to get the larger application packet since he and another officer has sent their preliminary applications a tad later than everyone else. But that Friday, and of course it was after he left for work, I checked the mail and saw the large manila envelope in the box. I don't know which one of us is more excited about it. He finally finished and dropped off the completed paperwork yesterday afternoon.

It's kind of sad though for the department he's at now. It's falling apart. He was telling my parents yesterday that there is a list of nearly 22 officers waiting to leave the department. They've also hired like 15 new officers. Sam goes from being one of the newer officers to being the veteran at only 3 years of service. The only thing he doesn't like about it is that he's not a hundred percent safe with the rookies; he says they're pretty timid on calls and where he's working up in the hood, timid makes you look weak and the residents have the upper hand. He knows the rookies will have his back, but I think he's just worried they might make a stupid mistake and someone gets injured because of it.

So we'll see. Everybody, keep your fingers crossed, knock on wood and rub those lucky charms that Sam gets hired with the department!

PS - I almost forgot. Tonight is his last night of summer school. All he needs to do is apply for graduation and he'll have his AS. Congrats babe!

No comments: