Friday, December 2, 2011

All Men are created equal, then few become Police Officers

Darn! I meant to post this before, however, I've been forcing myself to take withdrawls from the computer since I'm on it 8 hours straight and then some Monday thru Friday with occassional Saturdays like the one I'll be working tomorrow.

Happy Anniversary to my wonderful officer. I can't believe he's been with the department for 2 years already. He just grumbled about it when I brought it up. There have been some ups and downs that he and myself have encountered in this past year. I snagged this from Mrs. Fuzz's blog on looking back through this past year:
  • attended and completed radiation training making him qualified to assist in a nuclear emergency. He just attended a training scenario a week ago at the power plant.
  • RADAR Gun Operator Certification. Speeders beware! He can also judge a car's speed just by eyeballin' it; he likes to get "two-fers" or "three-fers" when he pulls over speeders: not wearing their seatbelts and outstanding warrants.
  • Was able to get back to duty after 2 months and with physical therapy with no problem after a leg injury during a chase with a suspect the day after completing radar classes. His knee though still gives him pain but that's because there's a bone fragment floating around in there.
  • CIT training certified - he gets to wear a shiny pin on his uniform and can affectively encounter and diffuse situations involving mentally unstable individuals.
  • He's been recognized by the department in catching restaurant grease theives.
I think that's all the big stuff that happened toward the end of last year and this year. He's looking to apply for a position with the detective bureau. That'll get him another step closer into working traffic homicides which was his goal when we first started dating. I'm so proud of my man. :)

No comments: