Tuesday, April 16, 2013

To Boston, We're With You. With Love, Florida

Ever feel the need to throw in a little Wong Foo and Julie Newmar into the mix.

I was at the AT&T store with my parents upgrading our phones when the headlines on Boston came out of the TV.

I've got my mom and the sales consultant (who just so happened to be a Bostonian) were trying to talk to me about phones and plans all the while I'm too distracted by the scenes on the news. Not to be harsh or insensitive in any way, but it felt like a 9/11 moment. I haven't looked at any of the news lines or images from the explosion, especially staying away from the story about the little boy - I just don't think I could just yet.

But I wanted to share the good that has come out of this terrible incident. Here are a few snippets taken of the everyday heroes that put on their capes and took to the streets and the web. I'm sure there is more out there.

photos-15-acts-of-kindness-during-the-boston-blasts

No comments: