Monday, April 8, 2013

I'd like to kick you where the sun don't shine

Taking time out of my work day to rant.

Sam texted me right after lunch, not sure when the recruiter called him today but he's not going to get hired with the City. Sucks.

They rejected him because his chief told them not to. It goes back to this deal the chiefs of the two city departments struck up because they were losing officers left and right. This would be the second time he's been rejected for that reason.

Of course Sam is pissed and you can't blame him. What's worse is that the chief has told the department that they shouldn't feel trapped or pressured into staying, and if they want to leave the department they are more than welcome - of something to that affect.

I met him a few weekends ago at an award and recognition ceremony that Sam was a part of and right away I didn't like the guy. He seemed fake, at least that was the vibe I got from him.

Doesn't look like there is anything Sam can do except continue to put up with his department. I'm sure I'm never going to hear the end of it when he gets home tonight.

Maybe he can try putting in for the County. I don't think they had any kind of stipulations with his department about hiring.

2 comments:

Leah said...

police dept. politics are the worst. dealing with that right now with my John. ugh!

Marie said...

This is my first experience with it and it's the worst feeling for both of us. He can't stand his own department even more over this. But, the recruiter is still working on getting him hired over...I'll definitely post an update :)

Hope John (and you) get through the politic drama with good news!