Monday, June 25, 2012

Should've Had a Storm Warning

Sam hates that we're in hurricane season right now. I'm sure as soon as there is one headed for us, I'm going to hate it too. It's becoming a semi-reality with Tropical Storm Debby's outerbands impacting our area from the Gulf. For when a storm is brewing the police have to move in and bunk out at the station. I'm not looking forward to that.

We'll have to have a serious talk about what our storm plans are on Wednesday when he's finally done with the work week. I'll need to learn to get the shutters out and up on the house if I need to. Though I'm sure his family would be at house to help if I needed and there's his friend Dan and my friend/co-worker Martin who live close by who could lend a hand. But it be could if I could help out with that. And I certainly wouldn't be staying in the house by my lonesome with 2 dogs and a cat. We'd all be going stir crazy and there would definitely be no sleep. I would probably pack us all up and head to either my parents or his who live just about 25 minutes south.

But a plan would definitely be good. I think we'd both feel more at ease.

No comments: