Thursday, March 1, 2012

I thought I disliked Mondays.

I'm not a morning person by any means and when it comes to being up at the crack of dawn to drive to work, I just want to get it over with. So I'm going along as usual business when I see in my rear mirror I've been lit up. Are you kidding me? I'm almost to the light. I move over to my right, he moves too. Damn. Move another lane and he's on me like Peter Pan's shadow. Move one more and into the parking lot of a bank on the corner, and we could have entered the Olympics as a synchronized swim team. He approached the car stating he had pulled me for a 55 in a 45 back a ways. I apologized and dug through my bag to get my license, registration and insurance.

"Are you in a rush this morning?"

"Nope, just on my way to work at the airport." (Not more than five minutes around the corner....grumble). "Well here is my license and registration and I know my insurance is in here. I just got the car about a month ago."

"Hmm. What time do you have to be at work?"

"6am." (You only pulled me over at 5 til)

"Do you have a good driving record? No tickets?"

(Well I can see you are Mr. No-Nonsense in the morning.) "Good driving record and no tickets. I can't find it, its not in here." (I couldn't believe I hadn't put my new insurance card in my car. Stupid!)

Well he only gave me a written warning for the speed and a citation for the no insurance. Be certain I will be at court within thirty days to lessen my fees and I will not forget my insurance...which is probably sitting on the desk at home. First time for being pulled over, woohoo! I just wished it hadn't been so early in the morning.

No comments: