Sunday, September 11, 2011

Oh the Keeper of Men


(images courtesy of: treasuredheros on Ebay)
10 years. Wow, I can't believe it's been that long. With all the media memorials on TV these past few days it feels like only yesterday I was sitting in my math class freshman year of high school. I remember that being one of the big questions people would always ask: 'Do you remember where you were that day?'. That day shook me, because my family and I had just visited New York City earlier that summer. I don't remember if we even visited the towers during our visit. :(

For this year my family and I will be attending a memorial ceremony this evening at a near by high school. I'll be wearing my thin blue line lapel pin for that and probably the rest of the month. Not sure what Sam will be doing.

I have a feeling that something similar will be taking place at fire houses around the nation, but this is what our neighboring county is participating for the Moment of Remembrance:
U.S. Senate resolution S. Res. 237 is calling on all Americans to participate in a Moment of Remembrance on September 11, 2011.

At 1 p.m., Sunday all fire engines and rescue trucks in St. Lucie County will sound their sirens for 20-30 seconds. St. Lucie County Law Enforcement will be joining firefighters at the fire stations for this Moment of Remembrance.

The U.S. Senate resolution calls for first responders, houses of worship, towns, and others throughout the country to sound sirens and bells as a signal for everyone to stop and remember the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

I meant to post this a little later in the day and not at 2am, but since I have to care for my Grandpa at night I figured I might as well post it now.

No comments: