Monday, September 19, 2011

No news?

I usually hear about Sam's night at work from him the next day. Sometimes I hear about things that happen in his city on the online news sites, but just the little things or some murders. I think they're up to 19 in just this year alone. There are days when I hear about his nights that I'm in disbelief it didn't make it to the news especially when some stories do that aren't necessarily newsworthy in my opinion.

I would think a police chase involving 25 cruisers through a few towns in the county would get some air time. Sam was excited about it. He said he was about the 5th car behind the guy. They eventually caught the guy who hit a car and fled the scene with injuries. Oh well, I'll just have to get my unofficial official news report from him later.
9/21/2011: Just a small edit! Turns out there was an article that ran online (posted a few hours after my post). The man ran from police because of a suspended license and for having cocaine in the car. I also stand corrected as Sam informed me there were 35 cruisers following him including FHP, Sheriff's Department and another city police department within the county along with Sam's department.

Probably not as newsworthy, a few nights prior Sam and one of his zone partners, Dan, rescued a baby opossum in some lady's house. I thought that was adorable :)

No comments: