Wednesday, November 21, 2012

It's that time of year again.

To be honest, this image was too good to pass up. Who'd ever think to make a turkey shaped cake except Buddy, the Cake Boss?

I can't believe the holidays are upon us already and the new year just around the corner. And has it ever been a whirlwind of joy and crap. I can't complain. I've been quite blessed with with everything that has happened to me this year - I'll have to post my list tomorrow morning; much too exhausted tonight after waking at 5am for work plus overtime...again. In fact, I have yet to go home - currently at my parents house making an experimental pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving tomorrow and waiting for them to get home to start and eat dinner.

Sam is working again this Thanksgiving so he won't get to enjoy festivities until Friday and Saturday. Then he'll have a nice little stretch off.

"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude." - Cynthia Ozick

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone near and far. And if your officer is out there tonight, may he be watched over and kept safe so you can have Thanksgiving together when he comes home.

No comments: