Monday, March 14, 2011

News Release: Child Death Investigation

So I had been keeping this to myself for quite a few months and the truth is I figured we would have heard more about this by now. However I guess not everything can move as fast we would like. My mom had received a phone call from my Uncle (her brother), who has been keeping in touch with my brother, that in they had gotten news of my brother's child's death. My parents received a letter from him some days earlier explaining that a priest had come forth with the news, but no really news about what was going on. The police department put forth a news release, again with no information - not until after the autopsy so they can rule out foul play and such.
I've been keeping track in the shadows of his child's mother's facebook and myspace (since both are public profiles), mainly to see if she had released anything. There is nothing. Not one mentioning, even the slightest hint that something had happened. You'd think if her child had died, someone would say something. But nope. She actually posted pictures to her myspace site, but no captioning about anything. So I'm hesitant to believe that it was her child that actually died but if it is an ongoing investigation then I suppose she may have been instructed not to say anything on the matter. We'll just have to wait on that autopsy report, which seems like forever and a day.

I'll be keeping a close eye on her page since one of her friends, who I guess hasn't seen her in a while, asked how the baby is doing. I'm hoping she answers to the matter.

3.14.2011 EDIT: Yes the baby was hers. I just saw she had replied to her friend's comment. Via her facebook statuses...she seems to be taking it well. But that's just what I can observe through the internet.

No comments: