Saturday, January 8, 2011

Why am I here?

I originally started this blog as a memorial page to those officers fallen, posting only when a death had occurred. As I started I realized that it should be something more than a painful reminder of what had occurred. There are challenges that I find myself facing as the girlfriend of an officer. On a daily basis I find myself facing emotions I've never had to deal with previously since his "office" and clientele aren't in the safest areas of the city. But I know he is a good officer and a good man, capable of taking care of himself and others. He has good skills that will keep him alive.

So this blog, while showing those who are gone, is a place of respect, a place of honor and memory, that of laughter and fear to reality. I hope this blog will be able to live up to all of that.

No comments: